Friday, December 01, 2006

 

Thabo Mbeki sings!

In my previous post I made no mention of President Thabo Mbeki - and with good reason. To date he hasn't made a stand on HIV Aids policy, and with some of the more stupid comments made by him (I do not know of anyone affected HIV Aids...) and his government ("Mr Zuma said in court on Wednesday he had left his bedroom after having sex with the woman and taken a shower because this "would minimise the risk of contracting the disease [HIV]") in the past, I do feel that he still has a responsibility of coming out and stating what his position is.

He is obviously wanting to make a difference, otherwise his deputy Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka wouldn't have taken over from mad Manto, and the government wouldn't be making an about-turn on previous policy...

And then I found this: a statement warning the world about HIV Aids... I don't know how we could have all missed it! And I certainly didn't know Thabo had such a cool singing voice either!

The saying 'it isn't over till the fat lady sings' has just been blown out the water, because the fat lady has been told to shut up, and now Thabo tells it like it is...



Hope you have a good, and safe weekend!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?